Excellent post at Bilerico.com from Bil Browning on Don't Ask, Don't Give:
I've had enough of the Blue Dogs running the Democratic Party. Until those Blue Dogs can stop licking their own asses long enough to stand up our civil rights - our basic human rights - they won't get a dime from me. Instead, I'll continue to donate directly to progressive candidates who believe that I am an equal person with the same rights and responsibilities as any other citizen.Thanks, Bil. The support from Bil and our fellow bloggers and activists, both gay and straight, has been amazing. There is a lot of frustration with the lack of action. Those who think otherwise aren't really paying attention -- or they're probably looking for something -- a job or a party invitation -- from the Obama administration. All of us worked hard to elect Barack Obama. We kept our part of the bargain. Now, it's his turn.
If you feel the same way I do, I'd suggest you stop donating to the party too. Join the Don't Ask, Don't Give boycott with John Aravosis and Joe Sudbay of AmericaBlog, Daily Kos, Jane Hamsher of FireDogLake, Dan Savage, Michelangelo Signorile, David Mixner, Andy Towle and Michael Goff of Towleroad, Paul Sousa, Pam Spaulding, Robin Tyler and me.
You can sign the Don't Ask, Don't Give pledge here.
