As I write this, the Netroots Nation session with Speaker Pelosi is getting underway. I've posted the livestream at AMERICAblog. One constant subject of discussion at the conference is the looming elections and the disillusionment of the Democratic base. Here's one take from Netroots Nation and why Democrats aren't motivated:
Liberals who helped put Obama in the White House in 2008 are disillusioned over the ongoing wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, slow movement on gay rights and the failure to create a government-run insurance option in the health care overhaul.I think there are a few more issues that are problematic. But, the gay issues are a major factor.
Senate and House votes on ENDA would help.
UDPATE @9:32 AM (Pacific Time): First question to Pelosi in the Q&A was on ENDA. I tweeted it here. Moderator Cheryl Contee wanted to know if we were going to see passage of ENDA any time soon. Basically, Pelosi said she wants a vote, talked about how ENDA was a priority, but I didn't hear a firm commitment for a vote.
