Join Email List | About Us | AMERICAblog News
More about: DADT | DOMA | ENDA | Immigration | Marriage | 2012 Elections


Poignant moment during Live Chat with Justin Elzie



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

Be sure and read the Live Chat with Justin Elzie AMERICAblog Gay hosted if you haven't already done so. I'd like to draw attention to the last part of the interview, and the exchange with the gay high school student who had joined us.

3:10
[Comment From Chris Jackson]
I'm 16 and in 10th grade all I want is for this to be all dealt with by the time I'm out of
3:10
[Comment From Chris Jackson]
Hs
3:10
Timothy Beauchamp: @Chris - You are who we are fighting for! You are our future.
3:11
Timothy Beauchamp: @Chris - Remember we ALWAYS have your back...
3:11
Justin Elzie: @ Chris, the fact that gays can serve with no problems will not be an issue for you by the time your out of HS. You hopefully will be one of those future leaders in the military showing people the way. I hope you join the military and have will be a leader!
3:11
[Comment From Chris Jackson]
I thank all who are fighting for equality.
I have to admit I got a little emotional when he joined our chat and added his comments. We must never forget that Chris Jackson, and all those other anonymous LGBT young people are who we are fighting for. We are fighting for their future because they are OUR future!

blog comments powered by Disqus