Join Email List | About Us | AMERICAblog News
More about: DADT | DOMA | ENDA | Immigration | Marriage | 2012 Elections


If I helped NOM on the Prop 8 trial would that would be noble too?



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

I'm a lawyer.  I know a lot about gay rights.  I imagine I'd be one hell of an expert witness for the folks trying to uphold Prop 8 and DOMA in court.   (Just imagine the PR coup alone of NOM getting me working on their side.) If I farmed myself out to the religious right bigots, at say an average rate of $520/hour, to help them defend Prop 8 and DOMA in court, would the same Democrats, and Democratic lawyers, who are now defending Paul Clement defend me?

No they wouldn't.  I'd face a boycott of my blog that would put it out of business, and rightly so.

Or how about if I helped the crazy birthers with their lawsuits against President Obama.  Certainly those lawsuits raise a constitutional question (even though they're bat-sh*t crazy).  Would White House spokesman Jay Carney, and Attorney General Eric Holder, praise my work in attacking the President with a line of argument that has serious racial overtones?

No they wouldn't.

It's amazing the double standard that so many Democrats have when the victims are gay.

blog comments powered by Disqus