Join Email List | About Us | AMERICAblog News
More about: DADT | DOMA | ENDA | Immigration | Marriage | 2012 Elections


NBC’s "The Voice" has another homophobic tweet eruption



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

It isn't the first time this show has had to deal with a homophobic tweet by one of its judges. First, Blake Shelton:

For the second time in a month, Blake Shelton has made a comment seemingly derisive of gay men, with his newest remark seeming to advocate homophobia and violence against gays.

The massive country music star, and now judge on NBC's new smash hit singing competition "The Voice," sent out a tweet last night that read:

Re-writing my fav Shania Twain song.. Any man that tries Touching my behind He's gonna be a beaten, bleedin', heaving kind of guy...
Now this:
It is the second homophobic row to hit the show in the space of a few weeks, with fellow judge Blake Shelton criticised after he made an anti-gay tweet last month.

On Friday Cee Lo, 37, posted on his account: ‘I respect your criticism, but be fair! People enjoyed last night!

‘I'm guessing you're gay? And my masculinity offended you? Well, f*** you!"
Before I read this, I just saw "The Voice" today for the first time, and I noticed a lot of teasing between the judges regarding homosexuality. Obviously, we've got some judges that need to realize getting cheap laughs by making fun of our LGBT community is getting just plain tired and offensive. And, obviously, NBC needs to fix that. Fast.

blog comments powered by Disqus