Join Email List | About Us | AMERICAblog News
More about: DADT | DOMA | ENDA | Immigration | Marriage | 2012 Elections


Ken Mehlman apologizes



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

Salon:

As for his role in the 2004 Bush campaign and its exploitation of marital politics, Mehlman is candid — and remorseful.

“At a personal level, I wish I had spoken out against the effort,” he says. “As I’ve been involved in the fight for marriage equality, one of the things I’ve learned is how many people were harmed by the campaigns in which I was involved. I apologize to them and tell them I am sorry. While there have been recent victories, this could still be a long struggle in which there will be setbacks, and I’ll do my part to be helpful.”
It's a start. And raising for millions for marriage equality was one hell of a start, in fact. I believe in redemption. If you don't, then write him off.  But actually, who cares about redemption.  I care about winning.  And with Mehlman's contacts and influence, we win more.  That's good enough for me, especially with the apology thrown in.

Barry Goldwater was a Republican too.  As was I.  People get better.

blog comments powered by Disqus