Join Email List | About Us | AMERICAblog News
More about: DADT | DOMA | ENDA | Immigration | Marriage | 2012 Elections


NOM spokesman to have dinner at Dan Savage's house



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

NOM guy had challenged Dan to a debate, anywhere any time.  Dan said, fine, my house, over dinner. NOM guy has now agreed.

So that's what they're going to do, with a NYT journalist moderating the discussion.

Dan also made an, I think, unintended observation on the religious right's intolerance of Catholics.  First, what Dan wrote:
It looks like I'm gonna have to clear all the Catholic kitch out of our living room and dining room—my 5' plaster Jesus, our 3' plaster Mary, all my other plaster saints, the dozens of rosaries hanging around their plaster necks, the stack of disintegrating hymnals on the mantle, etc. Wouldn't want Brian to think there's something disrespectful about our collection. Our Catholic kitch is all family heirlooms. My late grandfather's rosaries, most of them prayed to pieces, were headed to the dump when I picked them out of the trash. But will knowing that my 5' plaster Jesus has been evacuated to our bedroom be more of a torment for Brian?
Dan may not have realized, as he wrote this, that even though it was in jest, it wasn't totally wrong.

Remember: The religious right doesn't think that Catholics are even Christians. They think that Catholics worship Satan. That the Virgin Mary is a "whore." So when Dan writes about NOM being offended by displays of Catholocism, Dan may in fact be right.

blog comments powered by Disqus