Join Email List | About Us | AMERICAblog News
More about: DADT | DOMA | ENDA | Immigration | Marriage | 2012 Elections


In a letter, a father disowns his son for being gay



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

What kind of father disowns his own son?

A bad one.

This was posted on Reddit by someone saying his father wrote him this note five years ago when he came out to his dad.  Pretty nasty stuff (though I have relatives who did the same thing to their son).

Click image for larger copy.
"James: This is a difficult but necessary letter to write.

I hope your telephone call was not to receive my blessing for the degrading of your lifestyle. I have fond memories of our times together, but that is all in the past.

Don’t expect any further conversations With me. No communications at all. I will not come to visit, nor do I want you in my house.

You’ve made your choice though Wrong it may be. God did not intend for this unnatural lifestyle.

If you choose not to attend my funeral, my friends and family will understand. Have a good birthday and good life.

No present exchanges will be accepted.

Goodbye, Dad."
This is how the religious right, and the Republican party that enables them, quite literally kill people.

blog comments powered by Disqus