Join Email List | About Us | AMERICAblog News
More about: DADT | DOMA | ENDA | Immigration | Marriage | 2012 Elections


Final blog post documents another gay teen’s decision to kill himself because of bullying



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK

It's a horrific story. The Ottawa Citizen has the details, and courtesy of TowleRoad, here is 15 year old Jamie Hubley's final blog post, of only 3 days ago, after having decided to kill himself.

Im a casualty of love.

Well, Im tired of life really. Its so hard, Im sorry, I cant take it anymore.

First Id like to mention my friends Nancy, Abby, Colleen, jemma, and Kasia
Being sad is sad : /. I’v been like this for way to long. I cant stand school, I cant stand earth, I cant stand society, I cant stand the scars on my arms, I cant fucking stand any fucking thing.

I dont want my parents to think this is their fault either… I love my mom and dad : ) Its just too hard. I dont want to wait 3 more years, this hurts too much. How do you even know It will get better? Its not.

I hit rock fucking bottom, fell through a crack, now im stuck.

My favorite singers were lady gaga , Adele , Katy perry, and Jessie james, Christina aguilara and most of all I think KASIA!!! I LOVED Singing, and she helped me a lot : ) Im not that good at it though :”/, Im going to miss you guys (well You know who you are, But to the people who didnt like me (many) A big fuck you, Go ride a unicorn. But w/e I love you anyway.)

Remember me as a Unicorn :3 x) MAybe in my next life Il be a flying squirreel :D
Il fly away.
He has an interesting point about Glee. For all of the great messaging that comes from the show, life is harder than a TV show. Maybe Glee can address this somehow. Also, it may just be me, but this is starting to sound like a copy-cat suicide - meaning, that some of these kids are getting the idea to kill themselves after having heard of the other suicides. This just feels disturbingly similar to me, and I hope I'm wrong because suicide is NEVER the right option.  There are always options, even if they're not readily evident. We need to do a better job getting that message out there.

And Rick Santorum really needs to apologize for comparing himself to kids like this.

blog comments powered by Disqus