"Every day of my life here in Uganda I have to be careful of what I do," Mugisha said in the radio interview yesterday. "It has reached the point that where I even have to be careful when I'm going to get food in a restaurant, to be sure that the food I'm getting, that I trust the restaurant, because I'm scared I could get poisoned. Even when I want to go shopping I have to call a friend and say can you come with me because my face has been in the newspapers, my face has been in the media. Just two days ago when my face was put in the newspapers I received harassment already. Now it is my fear of stepping out my house. If I want to go and buy food, because I have to eat, what is going to happen to me today?"
More about: DADT | DOMA | ENDA | Immigration | Marriage | 2012 Elections
Follow @AmericablogGay
Ugandan activist fears for his life
blog comments powered by Disqus