Join Email List | About Us | AMERICAblog News
More about: DADT | DOMA | ENDA | Immigration | Marriage | 2012 Elections


Paul Ryan has awfully purty hair for a straight Republican



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK


Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I'm used to politicians in Washington caring about their hair.  John Kerry and Mitt Romney are only two politicians who exemplify men who care a bit too much about their hair (for straight guys, at least).

But Paul Ryan.  Now there's a man who brings the notion of caring about your hair to a whole new level.

This guy does things with his hair that I try and fail to pull off on a regular basis. The whole push it all down flat to the front then do the swoosh at the tip thing.  I can't do it.  Have tried, and failed, every time I get a hair cut.  My haircutter can do it, I can't.  Ryan, however, does it perfectly.  (Unless he has someone do his hair for him every day, which would then be a story in and of itself.)  And I don't know why, but I find it a bit creepy when a straight right-wing guy in his 40s tries to look like some 20-something hipster or some 40-something queen.

I'm not suggesting that Paul Ryan is a queen, though he sure is purty for his age, and sure has purty hair that he obviously cares an awful lot about (just sayin').  I just think it's interesting that, for a politician who cares a bit too much about his hair, Paul Ryan takes the ritual to a whole new level.  It says something about the man.  At the very least, it suggests that he's sexy and he knows it.  Which is not a very admirable trait in anyone.

So what do you think?  Paul Ryan got any YouTubes we don't know about?

blog comments powered by Disqus